Sunday, March 14, 2010

1 Year Anniversary


1-year anniversary. Half way point. time to burn a shirt.
Burn that shirt!

City View Zumpango

Hola,

Things are going a little better here in Zumpango. This week went a lot better than the last. We aren't too lost anymore, and we have more `people that we are teaching. My companion has also openend up a little more.

We were going to have a baptism this week, but we found out that our investigator needs a special interview. His name is Guillermo and he is awesome. He's pretty old and has had a pretty rough life. He's been an alcoholic for years, but after he met the missionaries he decided to quit. He's been clean for over a month. He walks pretty slowly, but he arrives to church on his own. We are also teaching a man called Oswaldo. He works as a cop in ChilpĂ ncingo, and he accepted a baptismal date. The way we found him is pretty cool. Last Saturday, we had a day full of appointments, but as we went through the day almost all of them fell through. It was about 6:00 and we didn't have anything else planned. I was pretty frustrated. I sat down on the curb to think, and I said a little prayer asking what to do. After finishing my prayer some kid came up to us and asked me what we were doing. He said he had been to our church before. I asked him where he lived and he gave me a pretty vague address. We decided to look for it because we had nothing else to do. On the first door we knocked we found Oswaldo.

I've been using the miracle book clint sent me. I've realized the little miracles that God gives us every day. I think I've seen a lot more miracles lately, now that I have to be in charge. I've also learned to rely a lot more heavily on the Lord's help. I can no longer depend on my companion when someone begins to attack our beliefs or when someone presents us with their problems or doubts. It has been difficult, but I think I am learning a lot.

You asked about the area. The branch here is still pretty weak. There aren't a lot of priesthood holders. The branch president feels pretty overwhelmed with everything and depends on us a lot to help him. The area isn't that big, but there are quite a few people. We eat with a different member every day. I think it's good because we get to know all of the members. In the six houses that we eat in we cover almost all of the active members.

Well, I'm glad to hear that it's warmed up a little in Wisconsin. I think winter ended this week in Zumpango. It's been pretty hot.
Mom, I liked the picture a lot. I'll have to buy one before I go home.

Cuidense mucho y les amo un buen.

Love,
Elder Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment