Sunday, March 14, 2010

Getting the Members to Help 3 8 10

Well howdy ya'll.

This week wasn't too exciting. My companion and I haven't been having too much success in finding people or in bringing people to church. We realized that we needed to change something. Last week we made a plan of how we are going to work with the members. We had tried it before, but it didn't work too well. But this week we planned out a lesson to give to the members and we had them join us in a special fast this Sunday for missionary opportunities. A few of the members are excited and want to help us. On Friday, we had zone conference, and one of the themes of the conference was how to work with the members. It made us realize that members are essential in missionary work. It is a big adjustment for me. For almost my whole mission we've worked without the help of the members. Many of the members here also think that missionary work is just knocking doors. I'm excited to try this out. I think if we can get the members excited, we're going to have a lot of success. On Saturday, we had an awesome lesson that helped me realize how important members are in missionary work. We brought a member with us to teach the Plan of Salvation to an investigator we had found on Tuesday. The lesson went amazingly well. The spirit was strong as the member shared her testimony. Our investigator, Delfina, told us that she had been praying for a miracle in her life, and she feels like her prayer has been answered. We challenged her to be baptized and she accepted.

So we decided that we wanted to try other things instead of knocking doors. Our president gave us an idea that we're going to try. He said we could leave our house in normal clothes for 2 or 3 hours in the morning for several days straight and look for people to help. I think we're going to try it out tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

Dad wants to know about the food. The food really isn't too interesting. It's usually just chicken with some rice and beans, but prepared in a lot of different ways. The people that we eat with aren't really poor. We usually eat pretty well. Sometimes we get pork or beef. I don't know. There's not really a standard meal. The only thing that is always there are the tortillas. I don't know how I'm going to eat without tortillas. I love em.

Ok well. I gotta go. Thanks for the letters.

Love,
Elder Hansen

If you send another package, send me more cds. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment