Wednesday, November 3, 2010

9/13/10 Work & Effort

Howdy,
Well, this week was kind of a let down. The week went really well up until Sunday when nobody came to church. Right now we have 23 investigators we are teaching. Of those 23 we had 13 that had commited to come to church this week. Of those 13, I figured a few would fall, but I thought that for sure we would pass our goal of 5 investigators in church. We passed for a few of them in the morning, but they either weren't home or had a lame excuse. It was a little frustrating, but we were blessed with a miracle. A man showed up to church that isn't a member. We set up an appointment with him, and he gladly accepted.
In Preach my Gospel it says that a successful missionary isn't measured by the number of baptisms he has or any other number. It says that a successful missionary is measured by the effort he puts in and whether or not the spirit works through him. Often we think that if we aren't baptizing we aren't having any success. Right now, we have more investigators than I have ever had in my mission, and I think that we are definitely having success. When we are working hard and don't see immediate results, Satan attacks us and tells us to quit working hard because nobody cares. Far too often in my mission, I have seen that the miracle happens in the last house on the street, the last minute of the day, or when we feel like we can't go on but we do anyway.
September 15 is Mexican Independence Day. It should be fun. I'm sure I'll have some stories to tell next week about drunk people.
I don't have much else to say. All is well in Zion.

Love,
Elder Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment