Monday, July 5, 2010

Tough Going 4/12/2010

Hola,
I got your letters and the pictures Mom sent. Summer and Alli are really big now. That will be cool if you get a trampoline. I'll have to come try it out.
Well, it's pretty dang hot here in Zumpango. It's not as bad as the coast because there's no humidity, but still I'm pretty sure it's been in the 90s all week. Vacations are over so everyone here has gone back to normal. Last week was kind of rough for us. Our investigators are dying on us. Our only cool investigator is going to have an operation this week and is not going to be able to leave her house for a while. On Sunday I was feeling pretty sad because we didn't bring investigators to church and only about 25 people showed up to church. I felt like for the past 3 months I've been knocking doors and talking to people all day every day, but I still haven't found anyone. I kind of felt like giving up. But I couldn't do it. I couldn't just give up. In our weekly planning session we talked about what we need to do in order to have success. We realized that we are doing evgerything good, but we could do it better. We set a lot of goals for this week. If we do it, I know we're going to see results.

I also really liked that talk in conference that talked about adversity. I think it really applies to me right now. Sometimes I wonder why I've been put with difficult companions or in little pueblos in the middle of nowhere. I don't know why, but I just need to accept it and do the best with what I've got. There are many times that I could have given up in this area, but something keeps me going. Something keeps me waking up on time and keeps me working. I've seen a lot of missionaries that start out good but get put with a tough companion or in a tough area and just die. I think I've learned that life's tough sometimes but you just have to keep going and doing the right thing and have faith that everything will turn out well.

Sorry I don't have much news this week. Hopefully, I'll have more news next week.
Has anyone seen the Alice and Wonderland movie?

Love,
Elder Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment