Monday, December 28, 2009

12 07 09 I Hate Gringos

Hola,
Dad might have thought that his birthday was pretty boring, but I had to check my planner to remember what we did that day. One family in the morning let me blow out a candle. When we ate, the mamita's family gave me some candy. And at night another family sang me the maƱanitas. It was pretty exciting.

I got a new companion this week. His name is Elder Mendez. He is from Merida, Yucatan. I'm pretty excited to be with him. He is a good worker and obedient. I think we can have a lot of success together.

This week was kind of messed up and we didn't get much done because we had to move out of our apartment. But our new apartment is located in Pantla close to the church and the mamita. And the best part is the new house has air conditioning. It's amazing. It's just a little box air conditioner in the window, but I don't know if anyone else in the mission has air conditioning.

I talked with Elder Wiggins the other day. He goes home in a week. That's pretty crazy. Time goes by fast. His English isn't that great, but it should come back in a week or two.

Christmas is coming up, and yes Mexico does celebrate Christmas. Well, everyone except for the Jehova's Witnesses. The traditions are pretty much the same. But the people don't get as into it as they do in the US. I think it's hard to get into it when it's 90 degrees outside.

There's a lot of white people that have come here for the holiday season. I don't like them. The other day some lady yelled at me for hitch-hiking. And getting yelled at always hurts more in your native language. Then after yelling at us she didn't give us a ride and left us to continue hitch-hiking. I hate gringos. I'm so glad I'm a missionary here and not in the US because Americans are jerks and think they know everything. The people here are so much more receptive.

Today I found out that my old companion, Elder Macias, got his two suitcases with all of his stuff stolen on the day of changes. He went to help some sisters put their stuff in the bus, and left his bags unattended. He apparantly forgot about his bags for about an hour and we he went back they were gone.

Well, that's all the news I have for this week. I should get the stuff you sent me in the zone conference on the 22.
Love,
Elder Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment