Friday, October 30, 2009

October 19 Secret Beach

Not too much happened this week. In fact, it was kind of a bummer week. None of our investigators came to church. And the church was pretty empty again. We had about 30 again. The biggest problem for us is getting people to the church. In the ward there are about 5 families that come every week. There are another 5 or more that come once every couple of weeks. Then there those that only come when the missionaries bug them a whole lot. And then there's the other half of the baptized members that never come.To me it's weird how there are people that have a testimony of the church but won't go to church or think they're good if they go once a month.
We finished six weeks here, but Elder Macias and I are still together. That wasn't a really big surprise.

On Saturday we went to visit an hermana that lives far away. It took us about an hour to get there, but it was worth it. She lives on a amazing beach. I found out where all the gringos have been hiding. The area is called Troncones beach, and it's apparently a pretty famous surf spot. The waves looked pretty sweet. There were a bunch of big houses owned by Americans. I saw two heavily tattooed white guys that run a surf school down there. At first I thought one of them was Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

I read a little bit of Tanner's blog. I couldn't help but laugh hearing him complain about their car's mileage limit being reduced. Occasionally we get a ride in the back of the pickup, but for the most part it's lots and lots of walking in 90 degree heat with 90 percent humidity. I guess everyone has a different mission experience. He was way pumped to find 6 new investigators in one day. With President Gardner, we were required to find 5 new investigators every day. There have been days when we find 10 or 15 in one day. I think the difference is that here in Mexico a ton of people listen to us but nobody will commit to anything. So we can be really busy visiting people, but none of them are going to go anywhere.

I appreciate the letters. Brooke, I remembered your birthday, but I couldn't really do anything about it. Also, it seems likes old age is hitting Dad pretty hard. He can no longer stay awake through a tv show or movie or anything past 9:00 pm.

Ok well, I don't have much more news. Thanks for the letters. Cuidense. Les amo un buen.

Elder Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment